Why does my water dispenser drip water?
I have little black granules in my water after installing the new filter?
Why does my new filter to make noise?
Why is the water cloudy after my new filter has been installed?
My water dispenser is not dispensing water, why?
- No water flow is an indication the filter is not properly installed. Try reinstalling. Push
the new filter into the receiver and firmly turn to the right. When all else fails have
another person look at it. A “new set of eyes” will often solve the mystery.
- We recommend soaking the new filter in water for 10 minutes before installing.
- Make sure the water line to refrigerator is turned on. The saddle valve is used to connect
supply line to the house plumbing and must be fully open for the refrigerator to receive
- Remember the dispenser in the door will not operate unless the door is closed
Will using an after market compatible filter invalidate my fridge warranty?
What Warranty do you provide?
What if I have a problem I can’t solve or that is not addresses in the FAQ’s?
If I use less water can I change the filter less regularly?
How often do I need to change my refrigerator water filter?
- It provides better tasting and smelling water.
- It helps remove fine particles and sediment from the water.
- It prevents unabsorbed water contaminants and newly formed bacteria from being reintroduced
into your drinking water.
- Prevents a water pressure decrease from the dispenser.
- Drinking filtered water from your refrigerator can save you over $600 a year over using
How tightly should I tighten the filter?
Can I recycle my water filter?
Atrazine, Methylbenzene, Lindale……. what are they, and why shouldn’t I be drinking them?
Do you carry the colored plastic or metal end cap that covers the filter in my grill?
Is it easy to change one of these filters?
Do these filters have an expiration date?
How do I know if my fridge has a built-in filter?
- Inside the refrigerator compartment hanging down from the top of the fridge. Look for
cylinder shaped plastic or metal canisters.
- Inside the refrigerator compartment, some filters slide out or drop down from the ceiling of
- Located in the grille at the bottom front of the refrigerator.
How do I reset my filter change indicator light?
Amana® - Press and hold the dispenser lock and auto light buttons on the dispenser
same time) for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, and then release
the buttons. On some Amana fridges you need to press the dispenser lock and water buttons
for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash, and then release the
Frigidaire® - Press and hold the reset button on the dispenser until the green light
flashes (up to 15 seconds).
GE and Hotpoint® - Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for
Maytag® and Jenn-Air® - Press and hold the lock and light buttons (lock and water on
newer fridges) on the dispenser for about 4 seconds, until the indicator light blinks.
Whirlpool® and Kitchen Aid® - Press the light switch 5 times within 10 seconds. If
the fridge has a filter button, press and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
Samsung® - Press the ice type and child lock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. •
Note: Hold the buttons for only 3 seconds. If you press these 2 buttons simultaneously for 5
seconds, the reset function ceases. Release the buttons and repeat the same step one more
time. The water filter indicator light should turn green.
LG® - Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.
Kenmore® - Kenmore® refrigerators are made by a number of different manufacturers, so
please refer to our Kenmore® Section to see which manufacturer made your refrigerator, then
follow the directions listed above.
Do I need to lubricate the gaskets on my filter and receiver?
Do you make house calls?